ABOUT DR LEE (LIQUN) YANG
Spine Surgeon and Neurosurgeon
Dr Lee (Liqun) Yang is a Gold Coast spine surgeon and neurosurgeon in Queensland who specialises in keyhole and complex spine surgery, precision aneurysm and brain tumour surgery and all aspects of spine, brain and peripheral nerve surgeries. Using state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology (including fully-equipped Kinevo 900 microscope – “see around corners”, robotic arms and digital hybrid visualization), Dr Yang offers first class neurosurgical treatment.
PUT YOURSELF IN GOOD HANDS
Surgery is performed to the highest standards. All patients deserve the very best in care, especially when they are dealing with debilitating neurological conditions.
Dr Yang Specialises in:
- Keyhole Spine Surgery
- Degenerative Deformity
- Spinal Tumour
- Spinal Trauma
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Brain Aneurysm Surgery
- Precision Brain Tumour Surgery
- Brain Artery Bypass Surgery
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar Nerve Entrapment
- Fellowship in Keyhole/Complex Spine Surgery and Brain Aneurysm Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital & North Shore Private Hospital & Sydney Adventist Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship in Brain Aneurysm and Bypass Surgery, Shanghai Clinical Centre of Neurosurgery, Shanghai, China
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Bypass Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in Neurosurgery, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia
- Ph.D. in Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
- Master of Surgery, Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
- “Advanced CFD technology to predict cerebrovascular aneurysm haemorrhage”, National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), Australian Government
- Member of GC 2018 Medical Team, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Rob Johnston Award, Spine Society of Australia, Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth, Western Australia
- Smith Nephew Award, Cairns Society of Australia, Adelaide, South Australia
- Adelaide Scholarship International, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Faculty of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
- Overseas Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Commonwealth of Australia), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Dr Yang has a strong interest in developing keyhole spine surgery and performs keyhole spine operations every week for disc prolapse and canal stenosis.
Scoliosis and deformity surgery is typically performed by spinal surgeons who have undertaken further advanced training. Dr Yang has completed a Fellowship in complex Spine Surgery in Royal North Shore Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Sydney Adventist Hospital in Sydney.
Dr Yang has a high level of skill and experience in performing brain artery bypass surgery. He is one of the very few neurosurgeons in Australia, who are able to perform the bypass surgery.
Dr Yang utilizes the most modern tumour surgery techniques to ensure you’re receiving state-of-the-art surgical care – sub-millimetre accuracy, including computer-assisted brain surgery and intraoperative MRI scan.
Dr Yang has completed a Ph.D. study in spinal trauma, published multiple papers in leading journals and received multiple awards for his research in spinal trauma.
A cervical artificial disc replacement is a device that is placed into the intervertebral disc space instead of a bone graft after the disc is removed with the goal of retaining as much normal motion as possible while keeping the motion segment stable.
To arrange an appointment with Dr Lee (Liqun) Yang please contact,
Phone: (07)5530 0491 Fax: (07) 5530 0686
Gold Coast Private Hospital
Suite 15, Ground Floor
14 Hill Street, Southport QLD 4215