Dr Lee (Liqun) Yang is a Gold Coast spine surgeon and neurosurgeon in Queensland who specialises in keyhole and complex spine surgery (degenerative, tumour, trauma, infection and deformity) and precision brain surgery (brain tumour, brain aneurysm, brain artery bypass, AVM – arteriovenous malformation and DAVF – dural arteriovenous fistula) as well as all aspects of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgeries.
Using state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology (including fully-equipped Kinevo 900 microscope – “see around corners”, robotic arms and digital hybrid visualization), Dr Yang offers first class neurosurgical treatment..
He undertook advanced training in Neurosurgery and Spine surgery at preeminent centres around Australia and obtained the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Fellowship in Melbourne. Dr Yang then completed a Fellowship in keyhole/complex Spine Surgery followed by a Fellowship in advanced neurovascular Surgery at the Royal North Shore Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Sydney Adventist Hospital in Sydney. Dr Yang has gained further experience in leading edge neurosurgery and spine surgery in Cleveland Clinic, U.S.A. and Shanghai Clinical Centre of Neurosurgery, China – the world’s largest leading neurosurgical centre, where he had visiting fellowship appointments.
Dr Yang is an Assistant Professor at Bond University School of Medicine and is actively involved in neurosurgical and spine research through the Gold Coast University Hospital and has received multiple awards for his research work including Rob Johnston Award from Spine Society of Australia and Smith Nephew Award from Cairns Society of Australia.
Dr Yang’s goal with all patients is to hear their concerns and work closely with them to deliver a personally tailored, comprehensive treatment program.
Keyhole spine surgery in the Gold Coast Bulletin
- Fellowship in Keyhole/Complex Spine Surgery and Brain Aneurysm Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital & North Shore Private Hospital & Sydney Adventist Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship in Brain Aneurysm and Bypass Surgery, Shanghai Clinical Centre of Neurosurgery, Shanghai, China
- Fellowship in Microsurgery and Bypass Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in Neurosurgery, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia, 2015
- Ph.D. in Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia, 2005
- Master of Surgery, Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia, 1999
- M.B.B.S. Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China, 1994
- “Advanced CFD technology to predict cerebrovascular aneurysm haemorrhage”, National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), Australian Government, Canberra, ACT
- Member of GC 2018 Medical Team, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Rob Johnston Award, Spine Society of Australia, Annual Scientific Meeting, Perth, Western Australia
- Smith Nephew Award, Cairns Society of Australia, Adelaide, South Australia
- Adelaide Scholarship International, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Faculty of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
- Overseas Postgraduate Research Scholarship (Commonwealth of Australia), University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Dr Yang Specialises in:
- Keyhole Spine Surgery
- Degenerative Deformity
- Spinal Tumour
- Spinal Trauma
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Brain Aneurysm Surgery
- Precision Brain Tumour Surgery
- Brain Artery Bypass Surgery
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar Nerve Entrapment
To arrange an appointment with Dr Lee (Liqun) Yang please contact,
Phone: (07)5530 0491 Fax: (07) 5530 0686
Gold Coast Private Hospital
Suite 15, Ground Floor
14 Hill Street, Southport QLD 4215